Do not delete, rename or perform other unnecessary manipulations with files and folders, even if you see them and can interact with them. Do not save files on a damaged device. It is not recommended to immediately proceed to format the disk even with the help of system utilities such as fdisk or Formatting and hard drive repair .
Not listening to the above tips, you risk permanently losing important information without the ability to restore it. If one of them has already been accomplished, do not worry. It is not necessary with a 100% guarantee that will entail negative consequences, but try to keep direct interaction with the disk to a minimum in the future.
Before purchasing, you can download and install a demo version of the program to check whether it is possible to recover documents from the HDD. In rare cases of serious damage, the recovery wizard and the BIOS are not able to detect the hard disk, and emergency actions are necessary to save the information. Unplug your device as soon as possible. In such a situation, third-party software will not be able to provide the device with the necessary assistance, and you will need to contact the service centre for professionals.
If the system and the recovery wizard recognize the hard disk and you are ready to start data recovery, we recommend that you follow these steps:
- Install the Partition Recovery program on a computer with an intact HDD and make sure that it has enough memory to store the recovered information.
- Turn off the computer and connect the second HDD to it, making it an external drive. When starting a PC, it is important to make sure that the BIOS correctly recognizes which disk is the main system disk and which one is additionally connected. If you do not know how to connect an additional HDD to the device, contact the manufacturer of the drive.
- Run the program. By default, the File Recovery Wizard opens immediately upon startup. In the future, you can disable this feature. Click next and select the HDD that you want to scan.
- The program provides a convenient opportunity to preview, thereby eliminating users from searching blindly only by the names of the target files. You can study not only graphic material; text documents are also available for reading.
- Having determined which files need to be returned, it’s time to go to recovery. Select the documents, right-click on any of them, and click Restore. The key combination of Ctrl + R will make it even faster.
- Next, the program will offer you several possible options for exporting files
- Save to hard disk all information will be saved to your specified HDD. Do not, under any circumstances, save documents to a damaged disk from which recovery is taking place.
- Burn to CD / DVD – save data to optical media, with which information can be transferred to any other device that has a DVD drive.
Create a virtual ISO image works similarly to optical media but without the need to use a CD. Such parameters as auto-load, boot sectors, file system type, etc. are saved.